It is important for all children to come to school when they are well. If your child is complaining of feeling unwell but has no temperature and you are unsure of what to do, we are happy to let the child come to school and we will keep a close eye and ring you if we feel they should go home.
- Please telephone the school on the first day of absence OR register your child’s illness via your PMX/Iris app
- Written notice of absence is required by the school upon your child’s return. Where absence is notified by PMX/Iris app, this is sufficient
- If your child has been physically sick or has had diarrhoea they must be clear for 48 hours before returning to school and have eaten and retained a meal
- If your child has suffered from chicken pox they must be absent from school for five days from the onset of the rash and the spots must have scabbed over
- If you child’s attendance falls below 85% we will request a Doctor’s certificate
- If your child has conjunctivitis we request you go to the Doctor or the Chemist as soon as possible to treat the condition as it is highly contagious, however, your child is still able to come to school
- Head lice and worms - we will inform you if we notice either of these conditions and request you treat accordingly as these are so easily transferable to other children. We will send notification to all the children in the class